Monday, June 11, 2007

Here's Why I Love John Piper

Your thoughts?

4 comments:

Margie said...

Absolutely awesome!

thechickenwithherheadcutoff said...

Amen, amen, and hallelujah!

"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord" [Job 1:21].

Before I was diagnosed with cancer, I relied on my good health--my health was an idol, and I didn't know it. For the rest of my life, I will never again be able to rely on anything but the Lord. He is everthing we need.

I also hate the false health/wealth gospel, because it hurts people. If they are taught that their faith is responsible for their health, what if they get sick, or a loved one dies? That gospel didn't work, did it? And Christianity must be a lie. So much damage done.

We can't just pick out the scriptures we want--we need the whole truth of His Word.

Thank you, Mike, for preaching the whole truth. You and John Piper--keep on preachin'!

Mike Greiner said...

yes, we can rely on even blessings, instead of Jesus.

Robertson McQuilken once said something that has sunk deeply into my mind: "God has His ways of weaning us from the world." Trials often do the trick.

Anonymous said...

"The love of God is not God's making much of us, but God's saving us from self-centeredness so that we can enjoy making much of him forever. And our love to others is not our making much of them, but helping them to find satisfaction in making much of God. True love aims at satisfying people in the glory of God. Any love that terminates on man is eventually destructive. It does not lead people to the only lasting joy, namely, God. Love must be God-centered, or it is not true love; it leaves people without their final hope of joy." JP