Thursday, February 28, 2008
McClaren the Heretic
In my last sermon, I mentioned that McClaren had attacked the atonement (the payment of Christ's blood for sin). Here in this clip, you will hear him not only attack the atonement but the doctrine of hell.
Here's what I want to know: Why is Brian McClaren accepted in Evangelical circles as a Christian teacher? He has taught at Willow Creek. He writes regularly for Leadership Journal. His books are found in Christian book stores.
He is saying that Jesus being punished in our place is akin to someone kicking their dog because they are mad at another. He is implying that Christ did not die to receive our punishment by substitution. Furthermore, he is claiming that the doctrine of hell being a place of punishment makes the cross into false advertising. This man is not only a heretic, but he is denying the central doctrine of Christianity, for Paul said, "I have determined to know nothing except Christ and Him crucified."
McClaren should not be known as a Christian teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment