
Okay, so last night I see this movie called "Blood Diamonds." The entire point of the movie is that European Diamond merchants are financing the civil war in Sierra Leone so that they can buy illegal diamonds to sell to unsuspecting but self-indulgent Americans and Englishmen.
Who are the bad guys? Of course it is the diamond industry and ignorant Western consumers.
Why isn't all the blame posited to RUF (the rebels who really do the killing)? I don't know.
But anyway, I searched the web today and found this story from 2003 that points out that it is Hezbollah and Al Queda who are using this operation to gain money for themselves. Israel, by the way, was leading the way to trying to stop this trade in illegal diamonds for the purpose. None of this showed up in the movie.
In any case, who is really evil here? The diamond consumer? No. The RUF and the Muslim Terror groups who will do anything to gain money to fund their evil ways.
5 comments:
omg ur lik so smart paster
Jon, may God bless you and yours this Christmas. :)
who's jon?
I don't know who he is. But he corrected Scott's spelling on Margie's blog so I had a little fun with his use of omg (which is not a word). I guess he felt like responding.
Very astute, Mike. I appreciate your research into the truth of the matter. (Into the truth of any and all matters, actually.) God bless.
Post a Comment