
Today, I am not Penn State Proud. I'm Penn State ashamed.
Free speech? Why is it that on a University campus it is not okay to speak about how Muslim radicals train children to be terrorists and to murder? Worse still, why can't an artist even paint about the subject?
Joshua Stulman, a student artist at Penn State, had his exhibit of anti-terror themed art canceled by the visual arts department of Penn State because it violated their "hate speech" rules.
"Hate speech?" I guess Penn State does. Hate speech, that is.
For details, click.
1 comment:
I am so tired of talk of hate speech and feedom of speech. Only because it is stretched soooo far!! Hate speech of course is just a tool to silence people who disagree with the people in charge. And as for freedom of speech, the first amendment is referring to SPEECH aka talking or speaking out against the system. I don't think things like swearing on tv or pornography have anything to do with freedom of speech. I just can't imagine that is what the founding fathers had in mind when they made the 1st amendment.
Post a Comment