Tuesday, April 03, 2007

House Dramatizes Reality



The T.V. show "House," which I enjoy weekly, this week had Dr House changed when, as one who proclaimed the baby in the womb to be not valuable, the hand of a pre-born baby reaches out and grabs his finger during surgery. Great episode. Catch it if you can.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an odd episode, almost as if there was a different writer for it. Not saying I think it was bad, but it wasn't the House norm. They did an excellent job, a little more estrogen and I could have cried during the moment :)

Passafist said...

I was also surprised by the episode. Various other episodes of House have taken a staunchly pro-abortion stance. The episode with the young championship diver comes to mind, right now.

I'd love to see this show start moving in this direction, BRAVO!

Mike Greiner said...

Andy, the older I get, the more estrogen must be in my eyeballs, because I find it easier and easier to get a bit emotional at times.

did you guys think the episode was funny? there is normally humor in the show, but I found myself laughing out load several times --mostly in response to House's humor.

Interesting show in that it deals with issues of morality, but each of the characters is extremely limited in their own ethical stance. Even Cameron has turned into a loose lady.

thechickenwithherheadcutoff said...

I LOVED that episode; did you notice House at the very end still touching his finger where the baby had grasped it?

Quick trivia question (without looking it up!)--what is Cuddy's first name?

Anonymous said...

I didn't really get my usual laughs out of this episode. Like I said, I found pretty much every part of it odd. The only place I remember laughing was at Cutty's failed attempt to mimic House's ball bounce brainstorming. House's "vacation hunting" was to the point of annoying (like when your kid makes you laugh once, then continues to wear it out the rest of the day attempting to recreate the moment). I didn't see clear motive to it, other than he wanted them to think he was leaving. Listen to me, being all critical. Must be due to the forecast that we're going to have to bring parkas and snow shovels to the easter egg hunt.

Mike Greiner said...

Cuddy's first name? Dr!

Hmmm, let me think . . .no, I'm not doing a google search . . . hmmm, let's see.

Norma?

I have no idea.

Yes, it was cool how he was touching his own fingertips at the end.

Mike Greiner said...

Yeah, Andy, maybe it was just a bad moment for you. Catch the show on the re-runs . . . maybe you'll enjoy it more.

Anonymous said...

I had to look up Cuddy's first name, I also thought it was Dr.
I Realized while checking that I also had no idea what Cameron's first name was either.
I won't post them though in case anyone else still wants to take a guess.
I enjoyed the episode, best show in TV, especially since they finally got rid of the plotline with the cop.

Unknown said...

I saw the picture a year or so and cried. Abortion sucks

Mike Greiner said...

I was hoping that the cop thing would end with the cop getting sick enough to die and him having to choose to let House save his life. oh well.