
HI, In the interest of balance, I am letting the libs set the tone of the blog for a little while. Just want to make sure I'm not being to mean-spirited, and all that. With that in mind, the following is a post from Cindy Sheehan. She's so kind to conservatives, isn't she?
After BushCo's stooge, Nouri al-Maliki was in America last week thanking soldiers for their sacrifices in helping the USA kill and oppress his very own people and thanking Congress for giving George a blank check to spend how he sees fit to kill and oppress the Iraqi people, almost 4000 of our soldiers in Alaska's 172nd Stryker Brigade were shown how much they are appreciated by having their enlistments extended another 120 days.
I saw the Angel of Death in the skin of Donald Rumsfeld say, while he was busy rushing in or out of the Pentagon (it doesn't really matter), that it is "unfortunate" that the soldiers have to remain in Iraq. I think it is unfortunate for our troops and for the innocent people of Iraq and Afghanistan that Donald Rumsfeld has to remain as the Secretary of War.
5 comments:
Also, dont forget, you could add some footage of the lovely peaceful anti-war protest which took place on our capital lawn this past weekend. Those passive, peace-loving demonstrators spray-painted the capital stairs and when a small group of our uniformed veterans came to engage them in some educated conversation, they were spat upon and called murderers. That would be giving the other side some fair playing time, don't you think?
Should she be kind? Her son was killed while on active duty, and she felt compelled to speak out against the President's policies.
For her sacrafice and opinion, she was whitewashed by the conservative press and mouthpieces. Literally slandered up and down the airways.
her son joined the military of his own free will. he was a man, and died with honor. What right has she to speak of Rumsfield and Bush with such disrespect? Slandered? What color is the sky in your world? She's been made a celebrity. Truth is, all you need to do to make her look silly is quote her.
is it slanted if I post what she said verbatim? like:
"America has been killing people on this continent since it was started. This country is not worth dying for"
or how about: "We have this lying bastard, George Bush, taking a 5-week vacation in a time of war."
or there's this winner:
"When I was growing up, it was Communists. Now it's Terrorists. So you always have to have somebody to fight and be afraid of, so the war machine can build more bombs, guns, and bullets and everything."
or,
"George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans."
or
“The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush,” [gotta love this. Bush is the problem, not wacked out muslims trying to get to heaven by blowing up civilians]
“I admire President Chavez for his strength to resist the United States. Instead, Bush is waging a war of terrorism against the world.”
I could literally go on for pages. Is this a right wing media conspiracy? Dude, this is easier than shooting fish in a barrel.
this woman does not say rational things. no one has to slander her. just quoting her straight up does the trick.
yes, her son died. and she is wasting that by doing all she can to undermine the mission he was on.
there are other American mothers' whose sons died who would like her to quit dishonoring their sons' sacrifices. would you like those quotes?
Mike wrote
What right has she to speak of Rumsfield and Bush with such disrespect?"
The same right you have to talk about President Clinton with disrespect. She completely has a the right to do so.
I can't imagine the frustration she feels about her son. She probably isn't handling it very well. But to be honest, the only time I ever read or hear anything about here is from right wing outlets anymore.
Wizard, my point was this: the criticism I was responding to --and it is a moot point by now, as we have discussed beyond it on these blogs-- is the idea that my tone is mean and nasty. I was showing that mean and nasty was not me, but by the left. I have little energy to talk about that now, but was just pointing out that to speak of people saying the angel of death walks with them, or whatever she said, is high octane, ad-hominen, rhetoric.
as for her feelings losing her son, who am I to say I understand. I do not. but her blame is largely misplaced. he joined the military. that's a risky job, and one that has in it's code obedience to commands, and the duty to fight in wars --not the duty to choose which wars you want to fight. he volunteered, and from what I have read, he believed in his mission, and he died saving others. He is dead, and that is tragic enough. if blame is chief in her mind, and she doesn't want to assign any to the man who volunteered, how about the people who believe Allah wants them to kill us all? calling Rummy or Bush names is not intelligent reasoning or even kind. it is divisive, anger producing, and the very thing that is making the political arena in this country such a mess.
Post a Comment